Saturday, April 13, 2013

photo diary


this winter and last summer.


i pretty much use my iphone as a visual diary so here is a selection of a few photos i've taken since january (i've posted some of them on instagram already. my name is nikolinelr there too):


1. a statue at fengdu, 2. the crew on the ship in traditional chinese clothing (at least copies of it), 3. near the three gorges dam, 4. somewhere in wuhan, 5. and 6. somewhere between wuhan and yichang.



1. studying for midterms. it seems the weather is always perfect during exams! so frustrating. 2. one fine morning, 3. my mom visited for a few days and wanted to stay at a hotel rather than in my 12 m2 room and chaos kitchen that i share with 6 other students. i could understand that. so we got a room with a view to the city hall. 4. after sunset



1. i hung this poster on my door. i think it says something like "you can live without a lot of things, but not without cats and literature!" (any germans out there, please correct me if i'm wrong!). makes me happy every time i walk out the door. 2. i decorated my boring lab coat.



1. collecting dna from fish sperm on a stick! a bit like candy floss. 2. our first self made and self run agarose gel electrophoresis!



1. after the worst exam ever, i went down town and bought this skirt to make me feel better #materialistic. our teacher crammed way way WAY too many questions into a 2 hour exam, there was barely enough time to write something on each question, and even less time to think. hopefully they take that into account when they grade it. 2. i have no good explanation for this... the pixels are the limit?




1., 2., 3., 4., 5. and 6. findus, findus, findus... i was in tromsø for a week this easter and it snowed and snowed and snowed...


1. the bus stop near our house in tromsø, though not much compared to the piles of snow we saw elsewhere. 2. on the plane back to oslo.

13 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures! And your cat is so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I've experienced a similar weather/exams phenomenon. Also, I'd like to appreciate that you translated the Germany poster perfectly. There had to be a couple more things added before I'd hang it up in my place, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so good! Even with your iphone's camera. You never stop surprising me!

    -Victor x

    http://digitalogphoto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. All pictures are beautiful but your cat just stole my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your photos are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an amazing photographer

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh! i love these! this really proves that it doesn't matter what camera you use when you've got the heart and soul of a real photographer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved it

    visit my blog >> http://dannyduben.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. reallly lovely pics! the cat is very cute *.*

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cat pictures made me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the photo of the cat in the snowey window is one of the cutest i've seen

    ReplyDelete